Friday, February 3, 2012

Developing

When Elsie was born the Doctors told us that she would develop as any other baby.  The PFFD doesn't link to other physical delays or disabilities.  This makes sense, plus, Elsie doesn't know any different - her leg has always been this way.  Though we heard this, it is comforting and great to see her developing just as Big Sister Mila did.  Below are some recent pictures of what I call the Happiest Baby Ever. 
Trying to Roll - She gets soooo close.  Anyday now!

Strong Core (even better now, but hard to capture in a pic)

Happy, Strong Girl
I hesitate to share this, but I am simply because other Moms (or parents/guardians) could be thinking the same thing with their child.  Since Elsie's PFFD was such a surprise, a very small part of me use to worry we will have something else pop-up that we aren't expecting.  I hate that this crossed my mind, but it did - and on a rare occasion, still does.  Everything Elsie does is normal, just like any other baby.  And the older she gets, and the more she develops, the less it crosses my mind.  Many days, I don't even think of her leg or the condition - she's just E.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment